The Sorrento and Amalfi Coast is an enchanting combination of beauty and gripping drama with its coastal mountains plunge into the sea in a stunning vertical scene of precipitous rocks, pictoresque and colorful town and lush forest.
A beautiful place to celebrate your dreaming wedding day!
It is hard to grasp that the pretty little town of Amalfi was once a maritime superpower with a population of more than 70,000.
It takes only 20 minutes to go from one side to another and it has remarkable as well as beautiful historical buildings.
The closest airport is Naples but I do recommend to arrange a private transfer in advance for your convenience as there are no direct public transport.
The Arsenale is a very charming historical building and a perfect place to have a civil wedding in Amalfi.
- The Duomo – the dreaming church for your religious ceremony
- Visit the fascinating paper museum.
- Go for a swim at the Fjord in Furore.
- Explore Atrani the smallest town of Italy
- Plan the trek to La Valle delle Ferriere. It is one of the most beautiful path of the area and cannot be missed.
The Island of Capri has two Municipality on the island: Capri and Anacapri. Capri has a small square in the centre the Piazzetta, while Anacapri is at a higher elevation on the slopes of Mount Solaro.
Marina Grande is where the port is located.
With its whitewashed stone buildings and tiny, car-free streets, Capri Town feels more like a film set than a real life one. A diminutive model of upmarket Mediterranean chic, it’s a pristine mix of luxury hotels, expensive bars, fancy restaurants and designer boutiques.
- Having a coffee or a drink in “the Piazzetta” and “Taverna Anema e Core” is something you should do once in life.
- Go designer boutique shopping on Via Cammarelle
- Walk on Via Tragara, considered the most romantic street of the island.
- Take a stroll through the lush vegetation and sweet smelling flowers that leads up to Augustus Garden surrounded by spectacular views of the famous Faraglioni rocks.
- Discover the Axel Munthe’s Villa San Michele in Anacapri.
- Have an aperitif to enjoy the sunset at The Punta Carena Light House.
- Take the chair lift to Monte Solaro.
- Don’t miss the Via Krupp that leads down to the sea.
- Plenty of venues to choose for your wedding day. Kosher wedding possible on the island
Positano is the coast’s most picturesque and photographic town, with steeply stacked houses tumbling down to the sea in a cascade of sun-bleached peach, pink and terracotta colours, No less colourful than its steep streets and steps lined with wisteria-draped hotels, smart restaurants and fashionable boutiques.
Positano is characterised by the many steps to go around the city.
Positano Tonw Hall offers beautiful a terrace overlooking the sea for your perfect Civil Wedding.
Praiano is an ancient fishing village, a low-key summer resort but an increasingly popular centre for the arts. With no village centre as such, its whitewashed houses scattered around the verdant ridge of Monte Sant’Angelo as it slopes towards Capo Sottile.
Beautiful characteristic beaches and venues are available.
- Small beaches and restaurant by the sea for your wedding reception
- Amazing view of all the Amalfi coast
- The best sunset colour of the Coast
- Swim at the Marina di Praia, the last fishing village in the area.
- Eat the “red totani” which is the local squid.
- Visit the astonishing Emerald Grotto.
Sitting high on the hills above Amalfi, Ravello is a refined, polished town almost entirely dedicated to tourism and increasingly popular as a wedding venue. Boasting impeccable bohemian credentials – Wagner, DH Lawrence and Virginia Woolf all spent time here – it’s today known for its ravishing gardens, fascinating villas and stupendous views, the best in the world according to a former resident Gore Vidal, and certainly the best on the coast.
Ravello offers a beautiful garden for the celebration of a civil wedding.
- Overlooking the gulf of Salerno, it is possible to enjoy it from almost every corner in town
- Beautiful churches
- Listen to a concert at sunrise during the Ravello Music Festival at Villa Rufolo.
- Amazing garden for your civil ceremony
- Nice walk to reach your venue on your wedding day
Sorrento is for sure the most famous town of the Sorrento Coast. Perched on the cliff overlooking the sea, Sorrento is a lively town almost all year around.
As a Dream Destination Wedding, it is very popular to choose to get married in Sorrento from April to October but I do highly recommend during Christmas time too, when the city of Sorrento is a triumph of lights that can make your day even more special. Almost all the venues offer a beautiful terrace overlooking the bay of Naples and the Vesuvius and I can assure you a stunning sunset all year around.
Sorrento makes a good base for exploring the surrounding area: to the south, the best of the peninsula’s unspoilt countryside and, to the east, the Amalfi Coast; to the north, Pompeii and the archaeological sites; offshore, the fabled island of Capri.
- Beautiful hotels and venues with the view over the Gulf of Naples
- Amazing sunset for your wedding pictures
- Historical location for your wedding
- All public transport from Naples airport stop here and ferry to reach the island of Capri, Ischia and Procida and Positano leave from Marina Piccola in Sorrento